About us

The VELUX Collection tells the history of engineer Villum Kann Rasmussen and the development of the VELUX roof window.

The exhibition is housed in a traditional three-winged farm from 1928. As the closest neighbor to the first VELUX factory, it has followed the development of the company in Østbirk from 1946 and until today.

The VELUX Group took over the farm in 1976, and in 1981, Villum Kann Rasmussen opened the first museum in the farm, where employees, customers and business partners could gain an insight into the VELUX Group's culture, history, and products.

Most recently, in 2018, the museum underwent an extensive renovation.

Billede af vindue  på udstillingen

Image from the VELUX Collection

Billede af stue fra 1942

Image from the VELUX Collection

Billede ag podie med bil fra siden

Image from the VELUX Collection